Dean’s Welcome Note
Welcome to Kulliyyah of Usuluddin.
Kulliyyah of Usuluddin Kolej Universiti INSANIAH was founded with the establishment of Institut Agama Islam Negeri Kedah (INSANIAH) in 1996. The Kulliyyah has been offering a 3+1 twinning program for Bachelor of Usuluddin with Al-Azhar University, Egypt since 1996 to 2006. Starting 2007, the Kulliyyah offers a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Usuluddin with Honours which has been fully accredited by Malaysian Qualification Accreditation (MQA).
Kulliyyah of Usuluddin also offers Master’s Degree and Doctor of Philosophy in Usuluddin since 2009. Master’s Degree Program is offered by coursework + dissertation which lasted for 2 years (minimum). Meanwhile, Doctor of Philosophy Program is offered by research within a minimum period of 2 years.
The lecturer at Kulliyyah of Usuluddin consists of 3 local lecturers who graduated from University of Cairo, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), and International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM); and 12 international lecturers hold Ph.D from various leading universities including Al-Azhar University, Ains Syam University in Egypt, Kulliyyah of Darul Ulum, Al-Fayoum University, University of Baghdad in Iraq and also Kolej Universiti INSANIAH (KUIN) itself.
Our objectives in managing kulliyyah is:
- To assist the University in terms of management between students, lecturers and University.
- To provide satisfactory services to all students of the Kulliyyah in any intendance related to teaching and learning.
- To receive and endeavor to resolve any problems raised by students or lecturers.
- To determine the direction of Kulliyyah of Usuluddin in all academic matters, administration, and public management.
- To ensure the future of clubs established by Kulliyyah students runs smoothly and in order.
- To produce quality and useful research and publishing.